Student is able to:
- recognize the importance of information management in inquiry-based learning
- access the needed information exploring effective strategies and tools
- evaluate information sources critically
- use information ethically and abide by the copyright and licences
- identify and engage in scholarly and professional conversation to produce and distribute information
Gaining a pass in the Reppu-course test. (available in 3 October 2017)
Information skills provide tools to recognizing information sources and mastering information seeking principles. These skills also provide a basis to using publications and services that are necessary for every student, and in assessing information and acknowledging the ethical principles in the use of information.
The main topics of the course include: source criticism and ethical use of information, principles of information seeking, the Masto-Finna Online Catalogue, digital resources, Open Access -publications, copyright issues and licences.
- Information literacy lesson with guidance in information seeking and evaluation
- Information literacy self-study materials
- Information literacy test in Reppu course
- Further guidance is available at the information skills clinic
Basic ICT skills, familiarity with Reppu and other learning environments used in Lahti UAS.
Gaining a pass in the information literacy test.
No research problem is too insignificant - we are here at the information skills clinic to help you!
At an information skills clinic you will receive personal guides in information seeking, help in finding and using the databases most relevant to your study subject and help with preparing for the information skills test.
Book a tailored clinic session by using our online form or by sending us an e-mail at tietokeskus[@]lamk.fi.
Practice the use of electronic resources in your own field: Lahti UAS ResearchKit
Study information skills with the help of self-study material: